Frequently asked questions about Johannesburg tourist and local attractions.
What are the must see attractions in Johannesburg?
- Soweto - visits and tours to this historical township
- Gold Reef City - An amazing amusement park with a casino.
- Walter Sisulu Botanical Gardens - One of the last green areas remaining within Johannesburg.
- Rosebank Rooftop Flea Market - A great place to find a wide selection of African crafts
- Sterkfontein Caves - Tour the extensive cave system where many early hominids and advanced ape fossils were discovered.
- South African Lipizzaners - Enjoy performing Lipizzaners recognized by the Spanish Riding School.
- Lesedi Cultural Village - Learn more about culture and enjoy traditional food and dance
- Lion Park - See the king of beasts up close and personal
What can I buy when shopping in Johannesburg?
Johannesburg hosts many arts and crafts markets in shopping centres and along roadsides and intersections. For authentic purchases, the Rosebank fleamarket is a good place to get a great bargain, as well as in a bazaar type shop in the Rosebank Mall.
- Oriental Plaza, Enjoy some good bargains with an Eastern influence.
- Mai Mai. The oldest market in Joburg where you will see lots of traditional healers selling traditional herbs & remedies
Where can I go shopping in Johannesburg?
There are many shopping malls throughout Johannesburg, the larger ones being:
- Sandton City
- Eastrand Mall